- A reminder. Invati - the new range from Aveda that I reviewed late last year is on counters now. If you are worried about thinning hair - give it a go. I found it really good.
- FOUR London are teaming up with Daniel Sandler and offering a Consultation Evening next Thursday on 19th of January. The experts at FOUR will be giving colour consultations, Daniel will be giving MU tips and experts will be on hand from Dr Duve skincare to give you advice on how to get the best out of your skin. All with a glass of bubbles. To attend - simply email shirley at sdpr.co.uk
- Jo Malone announced this week that Charlotte Stockdale would be their new 'Style Editor'. In all honesty I'm not sure what a 'Style Editor' will do. Or how it will affect the brand. Very few brands are as visually strong as Jo Malone.
I recently attended a CEW talk given by Jo herself to launch her new brand Jo Loves - during her speech she said that trying to pick which brand she loved more would be like 'trying to say which of her children she loved more'. I wonder what the original 'nose' makes of the new 'Style Editor'.
Perhaps the original Jo Malone company (owned by Lauder since 1999) injecting newness into the range will be good for them - and good for the consumer.
- To celebrate the launch of their new counter in Harvey Nichols London - Stila are having a lipgloss amnesty 'Stila Steal' on 19th of this month. Just bring any lipgloss to the counter from 10am and they'll exchange it for a brand new 'Kitten' Lip Glaze.
Interesting sidebar: Stila Lip Glaze is what I sold to my rudest customer ever when it was originally in Harvey Nichols in the late 90's. *waves at Naomi Campbell*
Frankly it's ABOUT TIME that Stila is back where it belongs. I could never get used to seeing it in Boots. Heartbreaking. It needs to be back in SpaceNK before I can sleep properly at night though.
- Speaking of SpaceNK - lots of fabulous new ranges coming their way in the next couple of months - the most exciting for me being Kevyn Aucoin.
It's 10 years this May since the unexpected death of one of the greatest MUA I have ever seen in action. I'm so glad his estate kept his new (at the time) range going. What better legacy? Look out for Celestial Powder and the Sensual Skin Enhancer. Hurry up and get here!