Firstly, a huge thank you to all of you who bought the Box yesterday. The response was unprecedented and very much appreciated. I really hope you love them.
Secondly, as I said on social media yesterday, I can only apologise to those of you that missed out and were very vocally disappointed.
Here's some facts:
- We used the same process that we have used with the previous boxes.
- Emails had to be sent out in groups or the site would have crashed. I don't see that changing in the future, but that will be decided by logistics and IT people, not me.
- There was roughly the same amount of people on the previous wait list for box 2 as there was for this box.
- Box 2 took 3 days to sell, this one took roughly 3 hours.
- Everyone - everyone was sent an email - if you did not receive one, check your junk mail and your filters. A lot of people that had issues were on gmail if that helps...
- The last email, completing the full wait list, was sent out half an hour before the box sold out.
- Launching between 12pm and 1pm was my suggestion due to feedback from people living in Australia, Europe and the USA after the last two boxes. It seemed the fairest time to try and give everyone access.
- We had a nine hour window for waitlist people to make their sale before it was supposed to go on general sale at 9pm.
- We took the step of closing this wait list early to try and prevent disappointment.
- The wait list gave early presale access, it was not a guarantee of a box, in the same way that it was not an obligation to buy.
- The boxes were always, always going to be Limited Edition. I even used the term 'once they're gone, they're gone'.
If you've ever tried to order anything from a H&M Limited Collection or gig tickets at 9am on a Friday, you will know that no order system is perfect.
Having said that, we are trying to get more boxes. 'Trying' being the operative word. You have to know that this is not just down to myself and Cult Beauty. There are 6 brands involved. That means 6 products, 6 boxes, 6 supply chains, 6 stockholdings, 6 massive discounts, and that's before the actual box itself. All of this in the busiest retail period of the year. It's a huge ask and one that frankly, I'm very grateful to the brands and Cult Beauty for even considering.
We are hopeful that we can make more boxes, I cannot promise anything but we have all our ducks except one lined up. If that duck is available, we are a GO for more boxes. If not, then you will just have to take my word for it that we tried our hardest.
IF we are able to obtain more boxes, they will not go on general sale. Everyone on the wait list will be sent a new link to a new private page to get your box. There is no need to contact anyone, there is nowhere to sign up. IF we get the boxes and you signed up for the waitlist, we will be in touch. If you bought one, you won't receive an email offering you a second one.
I imagine that even if we make more, there will still be disappointed people. I don't know what to tell you, we can't make an infinite amount of boxes at nearly 50% off. That's why they are Limited Edition.
I hope to have a confirmation for you on Monday.
And again, a massive thank you to those of you sending support yesterday when both myself and Cult Beauty were under a barrage of what can only be described as 'aggressive complaints'. I do really understand that some of you were seriously disappointed and had done everything in your power to obtain a box. I get it. WE get it.
And the biggest thanks to the team at Cult Beauty - especially the Customer Service team who have literally been under fire since launch.