Today is the 1st birthday of the blog.
|Pic courtesy of Dr Lulittle|
You’ve been reading my rants/advice/putting up with me for a whole 365 days.
Doesn’t time fly when you’re stressing about what to post….anyway: a few things I’ve learned….and a few Thank You’s
Things I’ve learned:
- there is such a thing as too much information – not everyone needs to know you found a grey hair – down THERE – although it may lead to one of your most-read posts.
- if you have lost your blogging mojo – don’t worry – people will wait for you – and if you read THIS blog you’ll be sitting there thinking ain’t THAT the truth.
- Twitter is not the place to vent to SOME people – that’s best done in a bar – and if necessary with your bat…I’M KIDDING. Jeez. Kinda.
- You can have too many body lotions.
- People actually use Google Follow because it makes life easier for them – I need to get over my ‘I’m not doing it for the numbers’ attitude – you’ll notice its back – over there on the right…
- Bloggers are in general – great, funny, lovely, interesting people – I have made friends for life.
- Something good can come from ranting about skincare – Give and Makeup was spawned out of an idea for a blog post…
Which brings me to…
The Thank You’s: (It’s Highly Unlikely I’ll ever win an Oscar so just let me have my moment please thanks)
Louise from Get Lippie
The person who muttered the immortal words on twitter: ‘Just blog it bitch.’
Partial to a chicken wing and the odd glass of red. And don’t get her started on lipstick. Reads me almost as well as my Mother – in fact thinks she IS my Mother occasionally. The Hilda to my Evadne. My first port of call with my ‘What do you think of THIS?’ questions – whether it relates to the blog – or a certain wine.
The beyond fab Grace from London Makeup Girl
London Makeup Girl has directed more traffic to my site than anyone else – I don’t know what I did to deserve that but I am eternally grateful *curtsies*
Yinka from Vex in The City
The only person who hasn’t known me since I was a teenager to call me Caz and not only get away with it – but I like it. Guaranteed to make me laugh just by giving me the *sideeye*.
The girls from Just Nice Things
Especially Helen – a fellow metalhead with fabulous taste in long haired tattooed men.
All the PR’s that have helped me throughout the year – its a big transition going from dealing with long leads to dealing with bloggers – and 99% of you get it right every time although some like to focus on the 1% that don’t. Thank you.
And to all the Brands I have worked with – thank you for trusting me and knowing that I blog because I enjoy it – not because I can break your embargo. And thank you for not flinching when I turn up to meetings in adidas trainers. You rock. All of you.
And a couple of thank you’s for their help with Give and Makeup
And thank YOU lovely people for reading – thank you for the comments, the abuse, the laughs, the questions, the product swaps and the advice.
As a thank you I have used my wiles, sales skills, general powers of persuasion and to be honest, good old-fashioned blackmail to bring you a gathering of my favourite products from the year as giveaways – the likes of which you may never have laid your pretty eyes on. So here’s what I suggest – get following the blog (in for a penny…) and hold on to your hats – we have giveaways coming up from: Elemis, Murad, Nars, Emma Hardie, Alpha-H, Dr Perricone, Jergens, MAC and Daniel Sandler to name a few.
You’ve put up with me for this long – it’s the least I can do.