I’m not saying this foundation is amazing but if this were a beer commercial – it would be
Heineken Carlsberg (thanks BBB :)).
Probably the best foundation I’ve ever tried – and I’ve tried EV. E. RY. THING.
I had a photo shoot this week. You may notice I’m not big on having my photo taken. I am the Chandler Bing of blogging. I think I look good, I smile – and then I see the results and want to throw myself out of the window – and throw the camera at someone’s head. I’m just not photogenic. End of.
After the shoot I resolved to admit defeat and beef up my current base to an ACTUAL foundation. I’ve personally always hated the feel of foundation – you know when you apply it and you can feel it sitting there? Ugh.
This La Bella Donna base is SO gorgeous that I’m tempted to keep it to myself and pretend that my glowing skin is just that – my skin. Meh. My gift to you this rainy Friday?: La Bella Donna.
The official blimph – with the odd usual helpful comment on the side from yours truly:
‘Ultimate Pure Perfection an aqueous texture with unrivaled qualities that respects the skin.
- Visibly corrects and lifts the skin so your face appears healthy, smooth, luminous and radiant – HELL YES
- Contains moisturizing agents to provide hydration and comfort, due to marine extracts that boost cell energy to enhance natural radiance – HELL YES
- Botanical extracts stimulate cell activity and regeneration wile maintaining anti-inflammatory properties to nourish the skin – FEELS LUSH
Focus ingredients and the benefits:
- Sodium Hyaluronate: tissue repair, contributes to tissue hydrodynamics, movement and proliferation of cells and participates in a number of cell surface interactions – SCORE!
- Aloe Barbeadensis Leaf Extract: reduces the appearance of dry or damaged skin and restores suppleness – WHO DOESN’T WANT TO BE SUPPLE?
- Ficus Crica(Fig)Extract: calms redness, a superior antioxidant – DEFINITELY CALMS REDNESS
- Squalene: gives a soft smooth appearance, a natural component of human sebum
- Thymus Valaris (Thyme) Extract: moisturizes a boosts skin tone. Stimulates cell activity and regeneration, assists in regulating hydration
- Cicumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract: moisture binding, soothing, tightening, anti-inflammatory properties, nourishes and softens the skin
- Rosa Canina Fruit Oil: excellent tissue regeneration, reduces scars(trauma and surgical), reduces wrinkles
- Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract: calms redness, anti-inflammatory, stimulates circulation, promotes healing of all skin challenges
- Jaminum Officinale (Jasmine Oil): moisturizing, soothing
- Hedera Helix (Ivy) Leaf/Stem Extract: antimicrobial, excellent for any skin issues, soothing, calming benefits’
There are other items in the range – the Mineral Eraser (concealer) is also the dog’s bollocks – and I cannot wait to try the rest. Apparently its predominantly sold in the US in dermatologists offices and spas etc so that women who have had invasive treatments can cover up straight away afterwards without risking irritating their skin. I totally get that.
My skin feels better wearing it than it does without it – and I have NEVER said that before.
La Bella Donna is sold exclusively at Beauty Works West. Prices start at £15.00 and the foundation in question is £44.00. And worth every penny.
*no affiliate link