When Steph mentioned these to me as ‘these big-ass hyaluronic acid lotions for like eleven bucks’ I obviously immediately ordered all of the ones that were relevant to me.
Hada Labo in particular is not new to lovers of skincare from the East. The Japanese band has a cult following on forums dedicated to skincare everywhere. They’re an open secret. I just figured it was time to share the secret a little further afield..
Essentially different variations of super hyaluronic acid, I ordered left to right:
- The Mist – I travelled with this and used it liberally
- The Hyaluronic Moisture Milk – light enough for moisturiser or serum for chronically dry
- The Premium Emulsion – 5 (FIVE) different types of hyaluronic acid and urea – older/dryer skins
- The Alpha Hydratin Emulsion (with retinol) – older skins
- The Hyaluronic Acid Lotion (moist) – light, suitable for all
- Kikumasamune Sake Skin Lotion High Moisture – suitable for all and ridiculously huge – this one isn’t hyaluronic acid – and you probably don’t need it if you’re in your 20s. It’s an anti-ageing one.
To be honest it’s hard to go wrong with any of these if you’re looking for a hyaluronic acid and want affordable, and a decent size. They will last you ages and vary in price from around £11.00/$11.00 depending on where you order from. The word ‘bargain’ doesn’t begin to cover it.
A total no-brainer.