I cannot believe it’s been 9 months since I first posted about Curel launching into the UK market.
A quick reminder of the basics:
- Curél is the No.1 brand for sensitive skin in Japan.
- Curél is designed to replenish, protect and promote the natural ceramide moisturisers in the skin – making it perfect for those who have dry or sensitive skin and are looking for a dewy, luminous glow.
- Ceramides are key for consistent and good barrier function.
- Rapid hydration instantly soothes just-cleansed skin.
- pH balanced, fragrance and colourant free
- Recommended by nearly 90% of dermatologists in Japan.
There are six products in the range, plus a 2 week Trial & Travel Kit, containing Makeup Cleansing Gel 30g, Foaming Facial Wash 90ml, Moisture Lotion 30ml and Intensive Moisture Cream 10g:
Step 1: Ceramide protecting cleansers
Double cleansing is fundamental to the ethos of Curel and to that end they provide two cleansers in the range:
• Makeup Cleansing Gel (RRP £12.50) – Formulated with licorice root extract, this mild, silky formula gently and thoroughly removes make-up from deep within the pores whilst hydrating dry, sensitive skin. It can be used before the Foaming Facial Wash, when removing make-up as part of your evening double cleanse. The products are most effective when used together
• Foaming Facial Wash (RRP £12.50) – This is a rich foam that includes licorice root extract and glycerin, and gently cleanses dry, sensitive skin without stripping, leaving the skin soft and supple. The Foaming Facial Wash can be used alone to cleanse in the morning or when not wearing make-up.
Step 2: Ceramide promoting moisturisers
• Moisture Facial Lotion Enrich (RRP £17.50) – This is a soft liquid instantly hydrates to calm skin, relieving tightness and increasing moisture levels. The softening lotion prepares the skin to absorb the moisturiser better, and should be used before either the Facial Moisture Milk or the Intensive Moisture Cream
• Moisture Facial Milk (RRP £17.50) – Ideal for normal to dry skin types, the soothing milky texture hydrates and restores complexions by helping replenish ceramides, leaving a soft and radiant luminosity. As well Curél’s Ceramide Care System, it also includes eucalyptus leaf extract and squalene, which is known as an oil-balancing skincare superhero
• Intensive Moisture Facial Cream (RRP £19.50) – Ideal for very dry skin types, this nourishing cream is instantly absorbent and leaves skin with a healthy glow, whilst still feeling super lightweight. It too combines the Ceramide Care system with squalane and eucalyptus leaf extract, and provides a potent hit of hydration.
• Intensive Moisture Eye Zone Essence (RRP £22.50) which features anti-ageing benefits to help visibly reduce fine lines while nourishing the eye area.
Designed specifically for dry, sensitive skin, the Curél Moisture Facial Lotion Enrich instantly hydrates to calm the skin, relieve tightness and lock in moisture.
How to Use:
After cleansing, dispense 3-4 pumps of Curél Moisture Facial Lotion Enrich into the palm of your hand. Do the ‘therapist swipe*’ to quickly move the product onto both hands, smooth onto the face with both hands in long, soft strokes, starting with cheeks, then chin, forehead, nose and eyes.
Fairly common in Japan, double moisturising involves using a pre-moisturising liquid (called Lotion) as a first step before applying their moisturiser — it instantly hydrates to calm dry, sensitive skin, relieves tightness and prepares the skin to absorb and retain moisture. This 2-step routine helps to repair and protect the skin‘s natural barrier
Curél Moisture Facial Lotion Enrich is applied to cleansed skin and then followed by Curél Moisture Facial Milk for dry, sensitive skin or Intensive Moisture Facial Cream for very dry, sensitive skin.
Water/Aqua, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Betaine, Methyl Gluceth-20, PEG-32, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Allantoin, Succinic Acid, Arginine, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Extract, Methylparaben
Curél is available from Boots and is currently on a 3 for 2 promotion! Boots.com/Curel
The Moisture Facial Lotion Enrich can be found here: Boots.com/Curel