- I first qualified in CIBTAC (Aesthetics) at the original Steiner School in Wardour Street, Central London. There are similar courses available in Ray Cochrane, London College of Beauty Therapy, CIDESCO’s website and ITEC’s website.
- Once qualified, further post-graduate courses are available in the UK through Sally Durant. I also did post-graduate courses in France.
- I am insured through BABTAC.
- I am trained in over 100 brands and a globally qualified advanced aesthetician. My career has involved developing bespoke facials and training teams internationally for top brands in the UK, USA and Far East.
- I have been in retail for 31 years, and working as a Consultant to brands in the Beauty Industry for over 10 years, advising brands on the route into market, where they should be selling and why. I put brands into those retailers and keep both parties happy. It’s my career and I love it.
- To see my full employment history and brands that I’ve worked with click here.
- Clients that I currently work with on a professional basis are Pixi and Dr Dennis Gross, but my work affiliation with them gives them no editorial control over, nor product placement expectations on this site, nor have they ever asked for special treatment. They are two very separate entities. I never use affiliate links on a client’s products while I am working for them.
- For absolute clarity, I do not work for, nor accept payment in any way, from brands such as Tata Harper, Kate Somerville, Zelens and the other brands that I mention a lot. I love the products. That is all.
- Facial information is here: Facials
- I consider sponsored content across my various channels for anything outside of stand-alone skincare reviews, i.e. dedicated blog posts to one item. Anything considered vaguely sponsored content will be clearly labelled and blatantly obvious. I have always followed the ASA’s guidelines.
- It is not possible to buy a dedicated product review on the blog.
- The Cult Beauty Boxes are a commercial joint venture. I decide the theme and the ‘Wish List’ of products and the team at Cult Beauty do all the hard work of putting it together. I do not use any affiliate links for the Cult Beauty Boxes, or the posts revealing the contents.
Affiliates Links and Cookies
- I use affiliate links and the advertising on the site that you see around the content when you click on the home page.
- What is an affiliate link? An affiliate link is a link to a website that has been encoded with a tracking cookie. What that cookie does is note if you make a purchase after you clicked on the link. The website you bought from keeps track of the amounts purchased, organised by the unique codes. The “owner” (me) of those codes will then receive a commission for referring the sale. It does not cost you anything extra and supports this blog in what I think is the fairest way possible. It does not affect what I write about.
- I recognise that a lot of my blog posts are very long, and so I also have a separate paragraph, not required legally, re: affiliates, in that right hand column over there—> that shows up when you’re a little lower down the page.
- I do not charge brands to hold giveways and I have never taken payment from a brand in any way for participation in 12 Days.
Hall of Fame
- The Hall of Fame is not, and has never been, for sale. It is given to products I love, not brands that have money to spend. For absolute clarity, you cannot pay to be in the Hall of Fame, and no-one ever has.
- You will not find native content on this blog. There is no sponsored activity that has not been disclosed. If you’re unsure what that is, more info is here: wikipedia.org/Native_advertising
For the sake of absolute clarity, I have never benefitted financially or in any other way, from any of my work with:
- Women’s Aid
- The Eve Appeal
- Inspiring the Future
Give and Makeup
- Give and Makeup supports women and their young children in domestic violence shelters. I founded Give and Makeup in the autumn of 2010 when it became increasingly obvious that I was receiving more products, both through my work and the blog, than I could possibly use.
- I asked for your help and you responded in your droves. Your contributions are now sent directly to a PO Box controlled by Refuge shelters and we have never accepted cash donations. I have never benefitted financially from my work with Refuge or Give and Makeup.
- It’s a charitable initiative that now pretty much runs itself based on your generosity. Your support has ensured that tens of thousands of pounds worth of clothing, essentials and lovely extras have made it to hundreds of women and their children in shelters. ‘Thank you’ isn’t enough.
- The views expressed on this site are the author’s own and are provided for informational purposes only. The author makes no warranties about the suitability of any product or treatment referenced or reviewed here for any person other than herself and any reliance placed on these reviews or references by you is done so solely at your own risk. Nothing on this site shall be construed as providing dermatological, medical or other such advice and you are always advised to seek the advice of a doctor, dermatologist or suitable professional should you have any such concerns.