- I first qualified in CIBTAC (Aesthetics) at the original Steiner School in Wardour Street, Central London. There are similar courses available in Ray Cochrane, London College of Beauty Therapy, CIDESCO’s website and ITEC’s website.
- I did post-graduate courses in France with Biologique Recherche among others.
- I am insured internationally through BABTAC and Balens.
- I am trained in (well) over 100 brands and a globally qualified advanced aesthetician. My career has involved developing bespoke facials and training teams internationally for top brands in the UK, USA and Far East.
- I have been in retail for 35 years and working as a Consultant to brands in the Beauty Industry for 15 years, advising brands on the route into market, where they should be selling and why. I am not currently consulting for any brands on a full time retainer basis, I occasionally work on a half-day/full day basis.
To see my full employment history and brands that I’ve worked with click here.
I have ‘mature’, sometimes dehydrated skin for the most part. Occasionally prone to allergic reactions/breakouts on cheeks.
- I’m not doing facials at this time.
- I consider sponsored content across my various channels. Anything considered vaguely sponsored content will be clearly labelled and blatantly obvious. I have always followed the ASA’s guidelines.
Affiliates Links and Cookies
- I use affiliate links and the advertising on the site that you see around the content when you click on the home page.
- What is an affiliate link? An affiliate link is a link to a website that has been encoded with a tracking cookie. What that cookie does is note if you make a purchase after you clicked on the link. The website you bought from keeps track of the amounts purchased, organised by the unique codes. The “owner” (me) of those codes will then receive a commission for referring the sale. It does not cost you anything extra and supports this blog in what I think is the fairest way possible. It does not affect what I write about.
- I recognise that a lot of my blog posts are very long, and so I also have a separate paragraph, not required legally, re: affiliates, in that right hand column over there—> that shows up when you’re a little lower down the page.
- I do not charge brands to hold giveways and I have never taken payment from a brand in any way for participation in 12 Days.
Hall of Fame
- The Hall of Fame is not, and has never been, for sale. It is given to products I love, not brands that have money to spend. You cannot pay to be in the Hall of Fame, and no-one ever has.
- You will not find native content on this blog. There is no sponsored activity that has not been disclosed. If you’re unsure what that is, more info is here: wikipedia.org/Native_advertising
For the sake of absolute clarity, I have never benefitted financially or in any other way, from any of my work with:
- Women’s Aid
- The Eve Appeal
- The views expressed on this site are the author’s own and are provided for informational purposes only. The author makes no warranties about the suitability of any product or treatment referenced or reviewed here for any person other than herself and any reliance placed on these reviews or references by you is done so solely at your own risk. Nothing on this site shall be construed as providing dermatological, medical or other such advice and you are always advised to seek the advice of a doctor, dermatologist or suitable professional should you have any such concerns.